Are distractions blurring your focus and affecting your productivity? You’re not the only one!
Distractions stop us from achieving our goals in a timely manner. Below are simple ways to eliminate distractions and tackle your to-do list with focus. After all, there is no better feeling than satisfaction at crossing off items on your list!
Here are my top tips for eliminating distractions:
1) Identify habits that undermine your productivity
- Write down a list of the items that distract you.
- Being consciously aware of the distractions will enable you to create solutions to eliminate them.
- Simple habits such as listening to the TV in the background affect your ability to focus and be productive.
- If these distractions occur daily or even hourly, completely eliminating them is not realistic. To effectively reduce these distractions, these habits can be ‘pocketed’ into a specific time in your schedule.
2) Declutter the mind
- Instead of spending a break aimlessly scrolling through Facebook or Instagram, go for a short walk! Walking outside clears the mind, increases blood flow to the brain and leaves you refreshed, energised and focused.
- Concentration music can help increase focus and productivity. Spotify have hundreds of playlists specifically for focus and concentration.
- Plan your week! By setting specific targets for each day, productivity is increased and important tasks are effectively tackled!
3) Declutter the computer
- Check emails once in the morning and evening. The most effective way to do this is creating a calm box. The signature at the end of the email notifies the receiver: This is a Calm Inbox: email is checked once in the AM and once in the PM.
- Clean your desktop by sorting files into neat folders and changing the screensaver to a calm and refreshing image.
The most effective way to tackle these distractions is to recognise them! Once these hindering habits are identified, they can be reduced or even eliminated, enabling you to focus and be productive.
What things do you find distract you? Please SHARE below.