A CHOICE review has found seven out of eight popular trampoline models failed to meet critical safety tests.
Whether it’s inadequate padding, trapped limbs and fingers or falling through a broken frame, buying any one of these trampolines could see your child seriously injured.
One model that past all the safety tests was the Springfree Trampoline Medium Round R79. Read CHOICE full reviews here.
CHOICE is calling for the Australian standard for trampolines to be made mandatory.
- structural integrity: how well the trampoline holds up to stress tests on the frame and enclosure
- impact test: how well the padding and enclosure absorb the impact of someone colliding with them; they need to safely absorb the energy of the
- impact without becoming damaged in the process
- head entrapment hazards, and pinching, crushing or shearing hazards in various components accessible to a child
- marking and safety information.
Join their campaign: campaigns.choice.com.au/trampolines
Share your comments below.