Hello!

13 Comments

Girl blows safety pin out of her nose after 6-month mystery illness.

Women’s Weekly reports, Khloe Russell, 5-years-old from California, had spent months walking around with a runny nose.

Her mother, Katelyn Powell, told media the worst part was “it stunk”.

Every time Katelyn took her daughter to a doctor, she was diagnosed with a sinus infection.

But multiple rounds of antibiotics did nothing to stymie that runny liquid.

“We even took her to the dentist because we thought it was her teeth,” Katelyn said.

Finally an uncle demanded Russell blow her “disgusting” nose.

Russell did, and out came a 1.5-inch safety pin.

pin

The pin, measuring about 1.5 inches long, was black and partially disintegrated.

“It was a huge object. It was bigger than her nose,” Powell said. “We were horrified. I was like, ‘Did you put this up there?’ She did, but she forgot to tell me.”

Let this be a lesson to anyone whose kids like sticking things in their nose and forgetting about them.

I think the worst thing my boys have put up their nose is a little craft pompom ball.

What disgusting things have your kids stuck up their nose?

Share your comments below.

 

Main image via Getty Images

  • Wow that would have been a shock to all involved

    Reply

  • Oh wow! That must have felt so awful up there. I’m always worried about this happening but it hasn’t yet, touch wood!

    Reply

  • Omg, thank goodness my kids habit put anything up their nose, YET!

    Reply

  • Wow! That’s crazy, I once put a small piece of a straw up my nose. It got stuck and teeezee a were needed

    Reply

  • Not my child, but my sister peeled the gold spine of a golden book when she was little, rolled it up and shoved it up her nose. Had to go to the doctor to have it removed. Haha.

    Reply

  • My then 3yr dd put a tiny bell she found at her first day of day care up her nose, it was the first and only thing i think because it bled when she blew it out and i made such a big fuss

    Reply

  • You have to watch kids like a hawk. I wonder if her doctor had done a scan they would have found it? She’s very lucky that she didn’t become infected by it.

    Reply

  • Oh wow thank goodness it didn’t open. How uncomfortable! Lol such a kid line..m she forgot to tell her! We fortunately haven’t had any nose issues yet… That I know of :)

    Reply

  • Oh my! What a weird thing to do. The consequences could have been much worse!

    Reply

  • Thankfully she didn’t get sicker with having that up her nose. My son hasn’t yet suck anything up his nose. My sister when little stuck a vitamin up each nostril, they were the chewable/dissolvable ones, so they were melting away, dribbling out her nose as she sat in the Drs waiting room.

    Reply

  • I can’t believe it was partially disintegrated! Lucky it’s out now!

    Reply

  • My daughter never stuck anything up her nose, I was lucky, my son so far has been good but he is only 2 so we shall see.

    Reply

  • That is frightening! How awful for the poor girl, and amazing that her Uncle solved the problem rather than a doctor. She must be so relieved that it’s gone now, and I’m guessing she won’t be putting anything else up there again.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join