So my ex left me over 12 mouths ago and since then I have found out he is with someone else while im struggling to let go as I have his 3 yr old son. He has stayed in contact with me and was coming to see his son and what I thought was me also until I found out he had another girlfriend about 3 months ago, he still stays in contact with me saying he is going to leave her and come home, I love him dearly but now iam at the point that I don’t know if I want him back he has hurt me and our child so deeply. I CANT CONTROL MY ANGER with him as im so hurt with the choices he made I have know him for 26 yrs and just cant seem to let go of this toxic realationship. I don’t know if I want him back to win him back or if I should just let him go and let her have his problems my only problem is I have always been very much in love with him but another woman makes me feel sick makes me feel sick that he has touched another woman will I ever get over that or will it always be there.

Posted anonymously, 13th September 2015

Post your story
  • what does he tell the other woman? as hard as it is to let go, sometimes it must be done. You will find a good man one day and he will put this one to shame! you do deserve way better and not be the one who is getting played! I think that this guy is not worthy of having 2 ladies fight over him lol but i am not in your shoes. Think about your child growing up, seeing this pattern of back and forth and thinking that it is ok to have women all over the place like that. PLEASE no offence! you sound like a beautiful person who deserves the best!


  • I agree witth all the other mums in needing to talk to someone, Put yourself and your child first you both deserve that much. After a few sessions you will be amazed at how much clearer you are thinking to be able to make the coerrect decision. Go to your doctors and tell them you needed a reffereal to a specialist and ask about a mental health plan. That way you might be able to get the help you need but not be out of pocket to much for it. Goodluck.

    • A very good suggestion mom56312 – the ‘poster’ needs to look after her own health and well being and that of her child.


  • You need sound advice from a counsellor if you still want him in your life as you have to protect your child also from any upset down the track.


  • A counsellor would be beneficial in talking this out and working out strategies for you and your child to move forward with your life.


  • I think you need to speak to a professional counsellor.


  • If he is going to leave her, why hasn’t he left her yet? Try and let him go. I think he wants both worlds. Be strong


Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating