Each year on The Block things seem to get taken up a notch. It’s always the ‘biggest season yet’ or the ‘biggest properties’. Here is a fun look at the most expensive properties sold on The Block in each season.
Who do you think will take out the title this season? There has been a huge 15 seasons of one of Australia’s favourite reality TV series – do you think this year we will see the biggest winnings yet?
Remember Fiona and Adam from The Block, season 1? They made a cool $156,000 when their property sold for $751,000 and another $100,000 when they won, taking their total to $256,000 profit on their DIY adventure. Season 1 saw $2,823,000 taken at auction with the sale of all 4 freshly renovated Bondi apartments.
- Season 2 winners were Andrew and Jamie who pocketed $178,000.
- John and Neisha took out the title in season 3 with $305,000 in the bank.
- Next with season 4 winners Polly and Waz taking home $115,000.
- Brad and Lara scored a whopping $606,000 in season 5.
- Phil and Amity won The Block All stars with $395,000 in prize money.
- Twins Alisa and Lysandra won The Block Sky High with $395,000 as well.
- Steve and Chantel won $736,000 in 2014.
- Brothers Shannon and Simon won $435,000 in season 9.
- Season 11 saw Dean and Shay take home $755,000.
- Will and Carlie made a huge amount in season 12 – $815,000.
- Josh and Elyse banked $547,000.
- Sara and Hayden won $645,000 in prize money in season 14.
Though the highest prize money won by contestants on The Block was $935,000. Season 10 couple, Darren and Deanne took out the win when they returned for Triple Threat in 2015.
Here is a great recap of all the winners from each season of The Block:
Who has been your favourite couple on The Block? Are you watching this season?