Out of a survey of 250 teachers in Australia, this is what teachers really want you to give them this Christmas!
What the teachers said…
- Homemade treats made by the child sound nice but I know where those fingers have been!
- Better one gift from the class than more mugs, candles or chocolates.
- Be careful of personal items that I’ll have to wear like key rings or jewellery. What if it’s not my taste?! Will I have to wear it for the next year?
- Give a voucher or something that can be exchanged.
Great Teachers Gift Ideas:
Tech – kindl, ipad mini
- Perfect for the Summer holidays and beyond. If you have extra money, buy itunes or amazon vouchers to top it up.
Voucher from the class
- As long as they have a long expiry and are geographically suitable (ie either online, near home / school, available everywhere like a chain store).
- Department store voucher
- Sports teacher – Rebel voucher, Lululemon
- Art teacher – art store, art book store, gallery membership
- Dinner at a restaurant for 2
- Spa treatments – but choose somewhere local
- Music teacher – itunes. You can email a voucher. Easy!
- Movie tickets.
Special experience Vouchers
Tickets to a sports game or concert.
Most important! A card.
Across the board, teachers said that a gift wasn’t expected but a thoughtful card with a message expressing gratitude was much appreciated. They want to know their efforts count.
Some other tiny gestures for the last day of school ….
A coffee voucher for the local.
Hand drawn card from the child.
What do you normally gift the teachers at Christmas? Share your comments below.