Lingerie is the one constant in our everyday dressing, yet probably doesn’t receive as much attention as it should. Bras play a massive role in providing support and comfort, so ensuring you’ve got a good fit is key.
Next time you’re shopping for lingerie, keep these hints in mind from leading outfitters Fayreform to get the perfect fit:
- Underband – this should sit flat around your back. For the best fit, make sure it’s snug but loose enough to fit two fingers underneath. If you ever find that the band is riding about your back, you’ve got the wrong size.
- Underwire - this part of the bra should always sit comfortably on the breastbone between your breasts, never on the breast tissue itself!
- Closure - just like the underband, this should be flat against your back and not pull the skin.
- Straps – bra straps on each side should sit flat and straight, with enough leeway to be adjustable.
- Cups - your breasts should sit comfortably in the cups, with no overflow on the sides or top.
Top washing tips:
- Give your bras the TLC they deserve by washing them correctly.
- Use a wash bag to separate them from the rest of your laundry, making sure to wash light and dark colours separately.
- Bras should be washed in water no higher than 40 degrees and reshaped whilst damp.
Do you get your bras fitted by a professional and has it made a difference to your fit? Please share in the comments below.