A three-year-old has died from injuries sustained at a Toowoomba indoor play centre.

7 News Brisbane report, the family of the little Hunter Young made the decision to turn off his life support after he suffered head injuries at Inflatable world on Sunday afternoon while on an outing with his grandparents.

He was found unresponsive near a piece of inflatable play equipment at the indoor centre Inflatable World Toowoomba at 1pm on Sunday.

It is believed the toddler was unsupervised at the time and members of the public provided first aid until an ambulance arrived.

It remains unclear exactly how Hunter sustained his head injuries at the centre.

Related story:

Safety warning to parents over these play centres


Inflatable World Toowoomba issued a statement offering their condolences to the Young family.

“We are devastated by the news that a child has passed away in hospital after collapsing at our venue on Sunday afternoon,” the spokesperson said.

“A full investigation involving all relevant authorities is underway, we have also undertaken our own internal investigation, are working with authorities and have passed on our findings.

“Inflatable World takes the health and safety of our patrons, staff and others very seriously while they are on our site and have taken extensive measures to ensure we have the highest standards for workplace safety.”

Police are asking any witnesses who saw the accident in the under five section of Inflatable world to come forward.

Our thoughts are with the family and all involved.

Share your comments below.


Image via 7 news

We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.
  • How horrible. The poor grandparents and family.


  • How tragic, though I guess it could have happened anywhere.


  • This is just horrible, so sad. So important to always be having a watchful eye with littlies.


  • What should have been a fun day out has turned into a tragedy. My thoughts and condolences to the family of young Hunter.


  • How very tragic. My heart goes out to the family.


  • Such a terrible thing to have happened – and I’m sure it will turn out to be a freak accident.
    But no-body should ever let little ones be unsupervised any where. If he had been supervised he would have been found the instant whatever happened occurred and he then may have had a fighting chance to survive.


  • oh this is so sad for the family and the staff – such a shame that there are so many people in the world that feel the need to judge when things like this happen.

    I hope all involved are offered grief counselling and support during this trying time

    May Hunter Rest In Peace


  • Nooo, this is such a terrible accident. It’s a lesson to everyone to keep an eye on kids at these play centres, even if you think they’re old enough. What a tragedy for the family. My thoughts are with them.


  • So sad for the family, those poor grandparents.
    Thoughts and love to them all.


  • How awful !!
    Thinking about and praying for the family !


  • Sounds like a terrible tragic accident. Thoughts and prayers to the family.


  • Absolutely devastating. Thinking of his family.


  • A terrible loss for the parents and the grandparents.


  • How sad for everyone involved. My thoughts are with them all


  • This is really terrible! Poor little child. It must have been such a hard decision to turn off his life support. Poor parents and grandparents. :-(


Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like


Looks like this may be blocked by your browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating