Hello!

6 Comments

The Tasmania Fire Service were called to a house fire over the weekend. Thanks to a quick acting toddler.

A three year old boy alerted his father to a fire in their home. Thankfully allowing the family of four a very lucky escape without injury.

Fire units arrived to find the house full of thick black smoke. Firefighters entered the house wearing breathing apparatus, quickly bringing the fire under control, containing it to the kitchen with approximately $20,000 damage.

The property did not contain any working smoke alarms. The cause of the fire was believed to be due to cooking left unattended.

Tried This? RATE IT Now…

Image of Nando’s Medium Bag & Bake
Nando’s Medium Bag & Bake

Submitting your rating…

A few simple actions can help keep your family safe from fire in your home.

  • Never leave cooking unattended
  • Turn it off before you turn away
  • Install a photoelectric smoke alarm in each sleeping area, hallway and living area.

Related – WINTER dangers: The deadly risk of drying laundry indoors

What a brave little boy!

Share your comments below.

Image stock photo

  • it is good that they still have their house though. that would have been scary and thankfully they were alright. great job to the firefighters

    Reply

  • I have noticed that most houses with ducted airconditioning do not have smoke alarms in bedrooms at all. Friends of ours who built a new house about 4 years ago only have 2 smoke alarms, one in the passage, and one in the hallway near the front door – not near a airconditioner vent.

    Reply

  • What a little champion. Saved his whole family.

    Reply

  • No smoke alarms?!?! Uh-oh, if that was a rental property, the landlord is going to be in trouble I think

    Reply

  • Thank God no one was injured ! What a adequate and brave acting wee boy !!

    Reply

  • Lucky no one was hurt thanks to the young toddler!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join