The Tasmania Fire Service were called to a house fire over the weekend. Thanks to a quick acting toddler.
A three year old boy alerted his father to a fire in their home. Thankfully allowing the family of four a very lucky escape without injury.
Fire units arrived to find the house full of thick black smoke. Firefighters entered the house wearing breathing apparatus, quickly bringing the fire under control, containing it to the kitchen with approximately $20,000 damage.
The property did not contain any working smoke alarms. The cause of the fire was believed to be due to cooking left unattended.
Submitting your rating…
A few simple actions can help keep your family safe from fire in your home.
- Never leave cooking unattended
- Turn it off before you turn away
- Install a photoelectric smoke alarm in each sleeping area, hallway and living area.
What a brave little boy!
Share your comments below.
Image stock photo