A warning has been shared online after Kmart bathroom scales “exploded”.

The woman, wrote on Kmart Mums Australia, that her black digital scales recently “exploded sending glass everywhere”.

“I lightly nudged them and they exploded,” she wrote.

“Glass went everywhere. As I was cleaning up, the shards shattered into smaller and smaller pieces. Kmart has been notified.”

Many commented that she is not alone and they also suffered a similar experience.

bathroom scales

In a statement to Yahoo7, a Kmart spokesperson said the store “is committed to the quality and safety of all our products for our customers and the community”.

“We are sorry to hear of this experience and have spoken directly to the customer. Our quality team are reviewing the product as a priority.”

The spokesperson added anyone with issues can contact Kmart Australia’s customer service team on 1800 124 125 between 7am – 7pm AEST Monday – Friday (except public holidays) or check Kmart’s website.

Share your comments below

We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.
  • Hope mine won’t ‘explode’. The consequences could easily be disastrous.


  • My goodness that’s terribly dangerous


  • Thanks for the warning.


  • Wow! That’s scary – I hope the problematic ones have been isolated!


  • They have said the exploding ones are few and far between. Scarey if you are one of the few it happens to


  • Aw wow, that’s scary ! I have a glass digital scale as well, can’t remember if it was from Kmart, but could well be.


  • It would have been quite a shock – hopefully they will investigate and make safety changes.


  • I remember this happening with a light fitting we had – it just shattered when slightly touched.


  • Oh so many unsafe products on the market these days,

    • You get what you pay for and considering how cheap and nasty K Mart is what do you expect.

      • But then again is what the woman said what really happened? She “slightly” nudged it and it exploded? Or did she drop it and is now using a lame excuse to get her money back or another item for free?


  • I read this from the group too. So lucky that no kids were there in the room when it happened.


  • Scary!!


Post a comment
Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like


Looks like this may be blocked by your browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating