A man is believed to have exposed himself to young children at fast food outlets across Perth.
A police spokeswoman said the man had visited outlets during the day with a cardboard box that possibly contained a recording device.
The incidents have happened over the past month in Warnbro, Ellenbrook, Spearwood, O’Conner, East Perth, Halls Head and Cannington.
The man is described as fair skinned, 175cm tall with medium build and short grey hair, wearing a distinctive wide-brimmed hat with duct-tape around it.
If you have seen anything please contact your local police with details.
Every two hours in Australia, a child is sexually harmed, according to child protection advocacy group Bravehearts.
1 in 5 children in Australia will be sexually harmed in some way by their 18th birthday. That’s 59,000 Australian children each year.
Tips for Parents
Based on Bravehearts’ Ditto Keep safe Adventure program, the 5 basic principles we need to teach our children (remember: it’s never too early to sow the seeds of personal safety) are:
1) To trust their feelings and to distinguish between ‘yes’ and ‘no’ feelings
2) To say ‘no’ to adults if they feel unsafe and unsure
3) That they own their own bodies
4) That nothing is so yucky that they can’t tell someone about it
5) That if they feel unsafe or unsure to run and tell someone they trust.
Share your comments please.