A student in New Mexico unknowingly shared marijuana edibles with classmates, thinking they were lollies.

The US student mistook her relative’s marijuana edibles for gummy lollies and shared them with friends, local media reported.

“I started feeling really dizzy,” the nine-year-old told KRQE News.

“I felt like the room was going to flip to the side.”

The box of gummies was shared between three other children, who each ate one, shares ABC news.

The student who brought the edibles to school ate three of them.

She then started acting differently and became giggly and dizzy, the school’s principal Ebubekir Orsun told ABC News (America).

Tried This? RATE IT Now…

Passage To India Korma Curry Paste
Passage To India Korma Curry Paste

Submitting your rating…

“We noticed the student who initially brought the edible to our school was acting strange. She started saying she couldn’t see,” dean of elementary students Kristy Del Curto said.

A teacher alerted the school nurse and paramedics and police were called.

The school then took to social media to address the incident.

“We would like to remind all students and parents to be cautious about food/drink sharing,” the school wrote on Facebook.

“We would like our community to be alert with drugs and any edibles that may or could be in different formats,” the school said.

“We kindly ask our parents and community members not to talk explicitly about drugs/medicine when students are present (unintentionally to tempt or encourage students to use drugs).”

Oops! That’s just a bit worse than the mum who accidentally sent an alcoholic slushie in her kids lunch. Read more here.

Share your comments below.

Read more: Mum’s lunchbox fail goes viral

Getty image


  • I dont understand how things like this happen.

    Reply


  • A positive here………it was lucky the drug was marijuana, a relatively mild narcotic, there’s a lot worse drugs out there that could have resulted in a worse health scenario then thus one

    Reply


  • Did those “lollies” actually come out od that tin? That makes it even more dangerous and disgusting. Anybody could have a severe allergic reaction to these, not just the marijuana in them. I wonder what else is in them. A child could easily died as a result of these, especially if the side effects had taken hold away from medical assistance being available quickly. I hope the police visited the home these “lollies” came from. They certainly weren’t out of reach of a child.

    Reply


  • You gotta be so so careful with kids. They get into everything they can find. They were lucky it didn’t end in tragedy.

    Reply


  • This could have had terrible consequences. Really scary!!

    Reply


  • I visited a friend once when my son was nearly 2. I helped myself to an Anzac biscuit my friend had made and gave one to my son. Thankfully he fed it to a sheep in the paddock as I later learnt it was a marijuana cookie :/

    Reply


  • Not good ! This should never ever come in the hand of children !!

    Reply


  • Kids get into everything!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?

No picture uploaded yet
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.

Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

Loading articles…
↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just submit?

Write A Rating Just Submit
Join