Here are some valuable tips to help enable you to survive your kid’s dance/gym/acro/drama concert!
Shaz and Trace are the lovable stars of comedy webseries Stage Mums. They will stop at nothing to make their super talented teen daughters famous.
Here they share some great, tongue in cheek advice, for other Stage Mums out there:
- The minute youse hear the tickets are on sale grab the best seats, close to the front and dead centre. Don’t wait till you get home cos you can bet your bottom dollar the bored housewives and Mums will be on to it like nits in a preschool and all the good seats will be gone.
- Make sure you buy enough tickets for all the rellies. It’s so embarrassing if you don’t have a full entourage to support your kid cos all those other families will have every grandparent, Aunt, Uncle and step sibling they can drag along.
- Word up all your supporters to yell and cheer loudly whenever your kid appears on stage. Your aim is to be the proudest Stage Mum there. Let’s face it, the kid with the most cheers is always gonna be the most popular and be given the best parts in the next concert.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to make your kid stand out by adding your own personal touches to their costume. A few sequins and some glitter can make all the difference.
- For gawds sake make sure you give a donation to the dance/performance school and sponsor an award. This will ensure that your kid wins something at the end of the night.
- Make sure to get some awesome pics and videos so you can post them on all your social media sites, and for heaven’s sake tag the dance school and teacher or there’s no point.
- Have a couple of Sav Blanks before the concert, it helps you get through all the boring bits.
- Have another Sav Blank ordered and ready for collection at interval so you don’t have to wait in line at the bar.
- Make sure youse are dressed to the nines. Yes it’s the kid’s concert, but we all know that every other mother there is checking out what you are wearing.
- Start posting pics on Facebook and Instagram as soon as you get home. The teacher will get notifications from you first and your posts won’t get lost in everyone elses!
GOOD LUCK to all you Stage Mums!