It can be hard to keep the kids entertained during the Winter holidays because the weather can make it sometimes hard to get out of the house.
Luckily the Winter holidays only last for 2 weeks! Here are 5 great things you can do with the kids to help keep them entertained:
- Snow!: Snow is not a word your associate with sunny Queensland but these school holidays, King George’s Square will be transformed into a Winter wonderland. You will be able to go ice skating and even tobogganing! Prices start at $8 including skate hire. On from 17th June to 10th July.
- Adventure: Take a day trip to Mount Tamborine and visit Thunderbird Park. Activities include, high ropes, fossicking, mini golf, bush walking, bird feeding and much more. Entry to park is free and prices for activities vary. You can even camp there if you’re wanting an adventure filled holiday.
- Festival: Head to the city for a kids festival which includes, shows, workshops, exhibitions and more. Venues include the, Queensland Performing Arts Centre, Southbank, State Library of Queensland and the Queensland Museum. Prices vary for each event.
- Museum: The Workshops Museum in Ipswich is the perfect day out for your train and Lego enthusiasts. They have a model railway, a kid sized play interactive train station, train simulator, miniature train rides and a Lego room. Entry prices start at $12. Open daily 9:30am to 4pm.
- Movies: Winter time is perfect for seeing a movie and Hoyts have great family ticket prices. With “Finding Dory”, “Ice Age 5″ and “The BFG” all out these holidays, you may even want to go more than once.
Check out some great indoor games to do with the kids in the holidays HERE.
What are you planning on doing with the kids these holidays? Please add your comment below.