Although newborns cannot physically join in playing (well, they have their very own ‘way’ of playing), they will love you playing with them.
Here are some great ways to play with the littlest person in your family.
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here
1. Play music or sing them songs. Babies love music and it doesn’t matter if you can’t sing, they will still love hearing your voice. You don’t have to sing nursery ryhmes either, my husband used to sing his favourite rock songs! Even just humming can be very soothing.
2. Pull funny faces and make funny noises and laugh, babies are fascinated with watching your face change.
3. Although newborns cannot hold toys yet you can put toys of different textures on their hands and skin, babies will love the different sensations.
4. It’s never too early to start reading to your baby, I started while mine were in utero. Encouraging a love of books at a young age can be very beneficial when they are older.
5. Babies love watching. Buy or make a mobile filled with things for baby to watch. Also move them around so they can watch you and different things in each room or outside. Although they cannot see far they will be fascinated by the colours and shadows.
Do you have any ways to play with newborns to add? SHARE with us in the comments below.
Main image courtesy of Shutterstock.com