These 3-dimensional fruits are made from paper. You can make apples, watermelons, pears, plums, peaches, strawberries, oranges, and other great-looking fruit. They are great to hang in a window (from a curtain rod), from the ceiling, or in a mobile.
- construction paper
- markers,crayons or paint
- glue or stapler
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half and draw the outline half of a fruit on it around the fold line. Cut along the line.
- Using the finished fruit as a template cut two more exactly like it.
- For cored fruit (like the apple), cut out a semicircle from each piece (when you open the fruit, there will be a circle missing from its centre).
- Colour both the fronts and the backs of the fruits you just cut out to look like a cross-section of the fruit (showing both the inside and the peel of the fruit).
- For hollowed-out fruit (like the cored apple), on one piece, cut halfway through the fold line from the core. On the other two pieces, cut halfway through the fold line from the outside.
- For solid fruit (like the watermelon), on one piece, cut halfway through the fold line from the bottom. On the other two pieces, cut halfway through the fold line from the top.
- For hollowed-out fruit (like the cored apple), insert half of the apple slice that was cut on the outsides into the core of the other two slices.
- When you straighten out the pieces and align them, they will form one 3-dimensional fruit.
- For solid fruit (like the watermelon), slip the slits inside each other, making one 3-dimensional fruit.
- For hollowed-out fruit (like the cored apple), cut out a few tiny seeds from dark construction paper.
- Glue or staple a string to the fruit along a fold line - make sure that the string extends through most of the core. Glue the seeds to the part of the string within the core (gluing two seeds to each other around the string works well).
- For the solid fruit (like the watermelon), glue or staple the end of a length of string or yarn to the top of the fruit.
- Cut a leaf or two from green construction paper. Glue to the top of the fruit or to the string.
- You can now hang your beautiful 3-D fruit from the string.
To make a fruit mobile, tie twigs or clothes hanger wire together to make the mobile structure. Then hang your fruit from the structure. Hang the entire mobile from another string.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: