I make these for any wedding I go to as I love how personal they are and they are a great keep sake for the happy couple to keep
- 2 Thin wooden heart shaped cutouts
- White paint
- Black paint
- Apricot colour paint
- 1.5 metre White thin ribbon
- Stick on diamante
- Hot glue
- Drill a small hole in the top of both the hearts a few mm under the lowest point
- To make the bride heart, paint one of the hearts completely white on one side (allow to dry) then on the other paint half apricot and allow to dry.
Once dry, paint the bottom half white but make a 'm' shape at the part where the white and apricot colours meet. This will be the top of the dress.
- Once dry, add diamante's along the 'm' shape at the top of the dress.
- Stick a thin piece of ribbon around the middle of the heart securing neatly at the back with a small dot of hot glue - this will be the belt of the dress.
Make a small bow with some more of the ribbon and attach to the front of the 'belt' with small amount of hot glue.
- Thread a length of ribbon through the hole and neatly tie a knot cutting off any excess ribbon. You have completed the bride!
- For the groom, paint both sides black (one side at a time and allow to dry)
- On one side, using white paint, paint a 'Y" shape in the middle of the heart running down to the bottom.
- Then paint on the collar of the suit and the buttons down one side. I use a cotton bud dipped in paint to do the buttons.
- Carefully paint the bow tie on using black paint. Do 2 small triangles wither side of the hole and this will look like a bow.
- Lastly thread a length of ribbon through the hole and neatly tie a knot cutting off any excess ribbon. You have completed the Groom!
You can also personalize these even more by writing the couples name and wedding date on the back
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: