We wanted to make a statement with our boys room. We wanted it to be unique. We picked these colours because they go well with all the Toy Story items we have in our boy’s room. Some people are shocked when they see it as it’s so bright, but it’s only paint, we can always sand it back and paint it again later once he has grown out of it.
- 6 rolls Painters tape, quantity depends on desired pattern
- Sample pots of different colours of paint
- good quality 1 inch wide paint brush
- long ruler
- Get a long ruler, we used a builders ruler with a level, mark out your design with a pencil. The design is only limited by your imagination.
- Tape along the lines, be sure to press the tape firmly, so there are no air bubbles for the paint to seep through. You will need to go back and tape over areas where the colours cross to get a smooth transition from one colour to the next.
- Paint away, we painted the thin lines first and did about 4-6 of each colour, then we added more for a bolder effect until we were happy with the result. We then painted the colour blocks on the bottom quarter of the wall, making sure to have most of the colours evenly spaced. Depending on colours chosen, you may need to do more then 2 coats. The red was the hardest to work with, it took 4 coats to get it nice.
- Be careful when removing the painters tape.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: