A fun way to teach simple knitting to your child. The knitting comes out in a spiral – perfect for an instant scarf!
- 1 toilet roll
- 6 paddle pop sticks
- washi tape
- To make the french knitter, take the toilet roll and stick 6 paddle pop sticks evenly around the outside of the roll. Fix them with tape.
- Then wrap the washi tape around the remainder of the toilet roll for no other reason than to make it look pretty.
- To start french knitting, secure a slip knot onto one of the paddle pop stick ends. Then wrap the wool twice around each paddle pop stick end, taking the bottom loop and pulling it up and over the top loop each time.
- When you are back to the beginning, continue looping the wool around the paddle pop sticks but this time just wrap one loop each time and continuing to take the bottom loop up and over the top loop.
- When you have the desired length, cast off and you're done.
If you're not sure, youtube has many visual clips to show you how to french knit.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: