Don't want to pay good money for hair chalk? If you've got sidewalk chalk lying about the house, you can use this to make your own hair chalks at home.
- 1 packet of sidewalk chalk
- 1 plastic jug
- 1 hairdryer
- Soak the colours of chalk you want to use in the plastic bowl. Pour enough water into the jug to cover the chalk.
- Soak chalk for around 5 mins.
- Take a piece of hair and rub the wet chalk in a downwards direction down the hair. You will need to coat it a fair bit.
- Once done, dry the hair with the hair dryer. Don't brush the hair yet!
- Once dried, gently brush the hair with a hair brush - the more brushing you do the more the chalk will fall out.
- You can keep it in the hair longer by spraying with hairspray at this step. If not, it will wash out after 1-2 washes.
This project is so easy that everyone can be involved - my eldest chalked her younger sibling's hair and loved it. It can get messy but the chalk will wash out of clothing and off hands (try to avoid white clothing though).
The colours we used in the photo were light pink, then red, then blue then purple. You can see that they aren't as vibrant as store bought chalks but then you aren't paying the premium price for these!
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: