Simple canvas for home decor or nursery decorating.
- 1 Canvas (of your preferred size)
- 2+ Acrylic paint (at least two colours - I used yellow and white)
- 1 Paint brush
- 2+ Variety of paper doily's (TIP: I picked up some of mine at coffee shops and cafes when they use them to beautify your plate under your cuppa - just tuck it into your handbag before it gets any spills on it.)
- 1 Alphabet stamps and ink pad
- Paint your canvas in your desired base colour. I did mine in a pale canary yellow.
- Once the base coat is dry place a doily on the canvas and carefully paint contrasting colour over the whole patterned area of the doily (please note that I didn't paint over the edge of the doily, however I have used a small brush on other attempts (not photographed here) to sponge around the edge of the doily which gave a nice effect.
- Carefully peel up the doily and place in another spot and repeat step 2.
- Using different sized and patterned doily's place them around your canvas until you get the desired look for your canvas (TIP: don't use each doily more than twice without allowing it to dry off as the paper gets very delicate when wet with paint and can tear. I put them aside and used a different one while it dried out).
- Once you are happy with the doily pattern put the canvas aside to dry. Using alphabet stamps and an ink pad, print your quote onto the canvas.
P.S. The quote I used (in case you can't read it) is: Before you were born we dreamed of you, we imagined you, we prayed for you. Now that you're here we hope for you, we love you, we thank God for you - source unknown. I made this as a gift for a friends nursery.
This project could also working using scraps of lace to print with.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: