Rather than buy dad an expensive card each year for Father’s day create an ongoing gift jounal and have your children complete a page each year.
- 1 Journal or note book of your choice (mine is a photo album I bought recently at Kikki K)
- Photo adhesives (archival quality)
- Variety of decorative papers
- Rather than buy dad an expensive card each year create an ongoing gift jounal and have your children complete a page each year. This will create a beautiful keepsake to look back on as children grow and the years pass. Find a good quality journal or note book as you want this gift to last for many years. Personalise and decorate the front cover. Perhaps include a photo of daddy with his children.
- Begin the first entry with personalised artwork, photo or poem. Pinterest is a great source of inspiration. For my first entry I used the ink pad on scrapbook paper to make a heart using our daughter's footprints. Attach the paper to the journal with the photo and ensure it is archival quality to make sure no damage is done over the years with inferior quality tape. Decorate the page with stickers and children may choose to write their name.
- Wrap up and give to dad. Remember to complete a new entry each year. If you have a few children perhaps they can each complete one page each or have their own book to fill up.
So we had a nice set, at the same time I made a matching Mother's Day journal. You may want to do the same and give it to your husband each year two weeks before Mothers Day so that he can assist children to complete a page. No sense missing out on all the fun and I'm sure it's something your husband wouldn't think of.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: