If you have a toddler who tends to eat store bought toothpaste, this alternative has no nasties in it.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon xylitol powder
- 10 drops liquid stevia or peppermint essential oil
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Add baking soda to the oil and stir with a fork until it forms a paste.
- Add the xylitol powder and stir to combine.
- Add the liquid stevia or peppermint essential oil and mix thoroughly.
- Store in a covered glass jar.
I like this version of toothpaste for my toddler as he doesn't want to eat it like lollies which is what happens when I buy store bought toothpaste. I would probably only use this until he is old enough to not swallow copious amounts of it however there is nothing stopping you from using it for all your children and yourself. I would strongly suggest regular checkups with your dentist as home made toothpaste doesn't have any fluoride in it.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: