This will be a very interesting activity with kids. You can get creative with using different stickers, glitter and cool stuff. Tip: To secure the ends of thread and bell I used hot glue.
- Egg carton 2
- Acrylic colors Any few of them
- Flat paint brush Small and big
- Silver thread One
- Wooden beads Few
- Yarn Few different colors
- Hot glue gun 1
- Step 1: Cut out each individual egg carton and trim to individual domes. This part doesn’t take as long as you think. The egg cartons are not too hard to cut.
- Step 2: Paint the domes and let it dry.
- Step 3: After the domes are dry, punch a hole in the center using yarn needle (u can use nail too)
- Step 4: Cut a piece of silver thread in desired length. Thread the pieces together( I used yarn needle). We put our bells just inside our domes. Repeat. I made 12 strands.
Step 5: Wrap a yarn around the hoop. Tie the strands. To secure the ends of thread and bell I used hot glue.
This is a great activity for kids for christmas. The credit goes to my 7 year old son who was very sad about his friend who couldnt buy a christmas tree. He asked me whether we can get him one. The whole motivation started when we granbbed few things from home & started getting creative. He proudly gave it as a present to his friend who was over the moon & teary to see this present