This is a great family project and it is a way to connect with your family. The kids will have a great time and enjoy cutting up the photos and pasting them onto bright coloured sheets. It is also a way of talking about the photographs and sharing your memories of that particular time. Then you can keep it, or give it out as a unique gift to family or friends.
- 1 - 2 Scissors
- 1 - 2 Glue Sticks
- Numerous Photographs
- 1 Sheet of Coloured A4 Size Paper or Poster Size Cardboard
- 1 Laminate Sheet and Laminator or Take to a Shop to laminate for you.
- Numerous Optional stickers - hearts, animals, stars, anything the kids like.
- Find old photos or get some photos printed and cut them into all shapes and sizes. This is great for the kids - they get to choose the photos and help cut them. The shapes don't have to be accurate just be sure that picture you want is not cut too small so that it can be seen in the collage. You could even name it - Holiday Theme, Christmas, Birthdays.
- Once you have cut the photos, lay them out on the sheet of paper or cardboard. Again, get the kids to lay them out - they can overlap, lay them in an order, on an angle, big photos and little photos, cut in shapes. It is a great way for the family to talk about the photos and remember the time when the photo was taken.
- When you and the kids are happy with the layout of the collage, it is time to glue them onto the paper. If there is room, you might want to add stickers to the collage. If you have a theme - like a seaside holiday - maybe you could find stickers with a beach theme, shells, sea creatures, etc.
- Once the collage is dry, place it in a Laminate sheet and laminate it, or, alternatively, place it in a frame as a wonderful gift for Grandparents or other family members.
If you do want to laminate it and you do not have a laminator, you can take the project to a Stationary store or Printing Shop and they can laminate it for you.
My daughter and I have made a few of these to send to family overseas. It is more personal and unique and family members overseas love them. We try to do one at the end of the year too, and then photocopy it and send it out as a pictorial "Year in Review". We have a lot of laughs, as we remember where we were and what we did.
** Remembering that littlies have trouble holding scissors, so you might want to get them to help pick the photos and lay them out once they are cut.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: