This is something my children and I did a few weeks ago in light of the current pandemic. We decided to spread some colour and happiness to our neighbourhood after seeing similar artworks circulating social media. As a lot of children are at home this could be the perfect activity to spread some positivity and to uplift their moods!
- 1 White cardboard poster or paper
- 1 Paints
- 1 Primary colour chart
- 2 Painbrushes
- A Handful Cotton balls for clouds
- 2 Glitter
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Demo pic of a rainbow
- 1 Glue
- First step is to outline your rainbow using a pencil or a small paintbrush with yellow paint as yellow is an easy colour to cover. Make sure you look at your rainbow demo pic to see how much space you need for each colour.
- Once your outline is done you can start painting! Make sure you mix your colours using the primary colour chart to show you how to mix the colours you will need. After you've painted the rainbow let it dry before proceeding to the next step.
- Once your rainbow is dry, get some glue and start sticking cotton balls on the bottom corners of your rainbow to replicate clouds. You can make them as fluffy as you like!
- Once your clouds are stuck on, you can use some glue on the rainbow and add glitter to it to make your rainbow shine!
- Once you're finished put some blu tac on your rainbow and pop it up onto your window to spread some light and happiness to your neighbourhood!
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: