My first attempt turned out a bit funny but still make a great gift. I didn’t paint mine but outlined the foot and hand.
- 1 cup Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- First mix your flour, salt, and water together. Then knead really well until smooth. If it is too wet or sticky add more flour.
- Divide the dough into 2-4 pieces, depending on how many plaques you want to make. Just make sure they are big enough to put the child's foot/hand on. Squish them into round plaques about 1/2 inch thick.
- Now have your child make a foot or hand imprint. If it is not perfect, you can reshape the dough and try again!
- Using a pencil You can make a hole on the top so that ribbon can go through to hang it as an ornanment.
- Place the plaques on parchment paper and bake in the oven for 3 hours on low heat around 90 degrees C. You may need to adjust the time based on the thickness of your plaque.
- Once cooled.
You can use an acrylic paint of your colour choice and have your child paint them.
Just loop ribbon through the hole if you want to hang it up.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: