An inexpensive and simple DIY feather decoration that you can make with thread or wool.
- 1 Stick
- 5 Coloured threads or wool
- 1 Scissors
- 1 Brush
- 5 Coloured beads
- Cut the thread to the desired length of the feather doubled over and cut the remaining thread to the desired width of the feathers, they will also be doubled over.
- Double over the length thread and the width threads, place one width thread over the length thread and one under and feed the end of one through the top loop of the other making sure the length thread is in between the two widths and pull the width threads in opposite directions.
- Repeat until the length of the feather is complete and tie off the bottom length thread.
- Add the bead to the top of the feather
- Brush the ends of the width threads to and trim the sides of the feathers to the desired shape
- Repeat for all colours and loop over the stick
- Attach a thread to both ends of the stick to hang with
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: