Requires a bit of skill with scissors or if your child hasn’t mastered this yet, you can assist. My 5 year old did most of this project independently but needed a bit of help sticking down parts of the hair and cutting out the tail.
- 1 toilet roll
- 4 pieces of different coloured paper (red, green, purple, orange)
- 1 scissors
- 1 glue stick or sticky tape
- 1 black, pink and purple texta
- Clean any remnants off the empty toilet roll.
- Cut strips of orange and green paper and wrap them around the roll and secure at the back with glue/sticky tape.
- Cut out a mermaid tail and stick to the back of the roll.
- Cut a thin strip or purple paper and stick it around the middle of the roll.
Cut out 2 shell shapes and place on this strip for the shell bra.
- Draw fish scales on the green paper and added tail.
- Cut out a strip of red paper and wrap around the top of the roll for her hair. Then cut long sheets and secure to the top of the roll lengthwise. Cut strips up the sheet to form strands of her hair. Curl if you wish.
- Draw on eyes, mouth, pink cheeks and a bellybutton.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: