OMG, we have just discovered that there is such a thing as a frozen Rainbow Paddle Pop Martini and we just won’t be happy until we get to glug down at last two or three of these beauties.
The iconic rainbow paddle pop has had a grown-up makeover. The distinctive candyfloss-and-caramel flavour has been whipped up with a generous shot or two of alcohol and served as an adult slushie in a martini glass.
The only place (that we know of) that is serving up this treat is The Beach Hotel in Seaford, Adelaide and it’s available for $10 in the Main Bar every day. But, hurry, it’s for a limited time only.
Their facebook page went absolutely nuts when they announced their creation earlier this month. Friends were crazily tagging each other, organising nights out and booking flights to South Australia.
Other Creative Cocktails
The Beach Hotel has some amazingly creative mixologists behind the bar. They are the brains behind the Golden Gaytime Frozen Martini and the Frozen Snickers and Malteasers Martini earlier this year.
Hmmm…we wonder what’s going to be next?
Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to find the recipe for the Rainbow Paddle pop martini, so we’ll just leave you with a recipe for the Golden Gaytime martini, courtesy of theurbanlist.com:
- 30mL Butterscotch Schnapps
- 15mL Tia Maria
- 15mL Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 30mL cream
- Streets Gaytime Crumbs
- Combine Schnapps, Tia Maria, Baileys, ice and cream in a cocktail shaker and strain into a glass.
- Frost the glass with Streets Gaytime Crumbs (eat a few in the process).
That’s it. Two steps. Simple recipe, delicious drink, a little bit of childhood nostalgia..what’s not to love?
What frozen martini would you love to be invented? Tell us in the comments below.
More on Mouths of Mums
- The Creators Of Barbie Are Launching Their First Range Of Gender-Neutral Dolls
- Shopping at Kmart Makes Me Feel Like A Criminal Every Time
- This New Aussie School Has No Exams, ATARs Or Formal Classes