Do your kids love fairies? If the answer is yes, then they are going to love these no sew iridescent fairy wings and you will too as they’re easy to make and look amazing.
What you’ll need:
- Solid galvanized wire
- Duct tape
- Glue gun
- Clear cellophane
- Glitter paint (optional)
- Cut 4 pieces of wire, 2 at a longer length for the top wings and 2 shorter ones for the bottom. Length will vary on size you of wings that you want.
- Shape each piece into a wing shape and twist ends of wire together.
- Tape the twisted wire together of the top two wings and repeat with bottom two.
- Tape all 4 wings together in the middle until sturdy.
- Place hot glue on one side of the wire of one of the wings and stick some clear cellophane to the glue.
- Trim the edges and repeat with the other side of the wing.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the 3 remaining wings.
- Paint cellophane with glitter paint if you wish.
- Wrap and glue some ribbon around the duct tape.
- Measure elastic to go around your child’s shoulders and glue to the ribbon section of the wings.
- Glue some more ribbon over the elastic.
- The wings are ready to dress up.
I love the look of these wings; the way they shimmer and shine and I’m sure the kids will love them too.
Do your kids love dressing up as fairies? SHARE with us in the comments below
Image credit: Pinterest