Man arrested as he returned from Thailand and charged with 168 horrific offences.
A 42-year-old man has been charged with 168 offences including rape, torture and making child exploitation material on the Gold Coast.
He was arrested as he returned to Australia from Thailand last night, reports 9 news.
Police allege the offences happened on the Gold Coast between 2003 and 2005.
He has been charged with the following offences:
• 74 counts of possessing child exploitation material;
• 39 counts of indecent treatment of a child under 16;
• 29 counts of rape;
• seven counts of deprivation of liberty;
• six counts of involve child in the making of child exploitation material;
• six counts of make child exploitation material;
• five counts of torture; and
• two counts of serious assault.
Officers from the Gold Coast and Taskforce Argos had conducted a protracted investigation.
Breaking news story. More detail will be added shortly.
Share your comments below.