Hello!

7 Comments

Sydney mum claims she suffered second-degree burns after falling asleep with her iPhone 7 charging while resting on her arm.

Melanie Tan Pelaez said she fell asleep while watching movies on her phone and woke up with pins and needles down her arm on October 31.

“I went to get dressed and realised my arm was very red, so I then went to the GP and they advised me I needed to go straight to the hospital,” the pregnant mother told news.com.au.

Ms Tan Pelaez was told to check around her bed for what could have burnt her and quickly identified her phone as the culprit, matching the device and charger with the marks on her arm.

Ms Tan Pelaez has also warned others about the phone on Facebook.

“I recently purchased an #Apple #iPhone7 and accidentally fell asleep with my arm on my phone whilst it was charging. I was woken up by sudden pain, pins and needles, numbness and shortness of breath.

This is a picture of the result of sleeping with my phone whilst charging. PLEASE be careful…

I have been an iPhone user since the beginning and have never had an issue or concern, so it’s really scary and disappointing that something like this happened and can happen to someone else.

PLEASE be aware and SHARE.”

Her post has received over 400 shares, and 570+ comments. Many stating she should have known better and it was not the phones fault. Not helpful people!

OUCH! We hope she makes a full recovery!


Related story: Teen suffers third degree burns while using mobile phone


 

Share your comments below.

Image via Facebook

  • These iphones were recalled a few weeks ago. Hopefully everybody has returned theirs by now.

    Reply

  • nasty burn !!!! Oh my god that disaster
    God protect her

    Reply

  • Wow, that’s scary! I’m thinking about upgrading soon, but I’ll think twice after reading this article!

    Reply

  • She really had a nasty burn!!

    Reply

  • Who is so desperate to have their phone with them when they are falling asleep (even naps). But of course, we should be careful. Doesn’t just apply to phones.

    Reply

  • Her arm looked terrible,take it as a warning to prevent this from happening.

    Reply

  • While I have sympathy fr her pain, I kind of agree tha if you do something silly, you shouldn’t really blame the object.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join