You know how small things can annoy the complete and utter crap out of us. If you didn’t know already, they are call pet peeves, or pet hates.
I have lots, you see. I am one of those people that can get easily irritated by the smallest of things. Just ask my husband, or even my Mum. No, don’t actually. That would annoy me.
I have one of those resting bitch faces when I see one of my pet peeves happen in front of me.
Don’t worry, I’m not all bitch. Just parts of me are. Like my face. Just like Kanyes’. And I have no facial hair. And I also don’t call my kid a direction on a compass.
So I have come up with my top peeves below. They might make you laugh. Or you might think I am a complete dumb bum. Or you and I might be separated at birth, because you may be nodding your head in very loud agreement. I can hear you now…
“Aha! Yep! I so hate that too. This chick is reading my mind! I love her!
As a note of caution, you may not like my opinions, you might think I am overreacting. So stop reading if you have to, because that is one of my pet peeves. People not agreeing with me.
Here are my top peeves:
- Drivers who do not indicate when they need to. COME ON PEOPLE!! The indicator is attached to the car. It is used when you turn or merge or just happen to decide to move from your straight line. Sorry driver. I can’t read your mind. Thanks for ruining my day. I will be reeling about this now, until the sun goes down now.
Here it is! Nice and handy for you to use. USE IT!!
- Sneezers who sneeze more than three times in a row. If you go for the fourth, I am going to look at you weird. If you do five, I will leave the room and won’t calm down for a few minutes. If you just so happen to go for the sixth, I am going to have yell out to you “Get that s**t under control man!” I even get mad at myself if I sneeze more than three times.
- People who decide to park right next to you in the carpark, even when there are a 1,000 other parks available. Then they get out of the car at exactly the same time you get out of the car. Then there is that awkward moment where you say “No, you go first”. Don’t worry that I parked here first and you had plenty of other options. Just hurry up lady.
- Plane passengers who have to stand up before the ‘seatbelt sign’ goes off. Everyone is in a rush to get off the plane okay? I love it when the air hostess gets on the speaker and says in a professional bitchy way, “As you can see, the SEATBELT SIGN is still on!”
- Speaking of airports and flights, another peeve is when people stand right up close to the baggage carousel at airports. Everyone breathe and take a step back. Your luggage goes around more than once okay? It’s not battle of the quickest to get their bag. Your bag won’t get confiscated if you don’t get it that very second.
- Paying with credit card for something so small as a packet of gum. Honestly who doesn’t carry some sort of cash on them. You are holding the rest of the world up!
- Two extension cords that party at night in the cupboard. I didn’t do this. I have no time for this. These cords deserve my resting bitch face…..
- Scissors in impossible-to-open packaging. Wait! I will just get the scissors to open it. Oh wait. How ironic.
Go for it Kanye…….
I could go on forever!
I try to be positive most days though. You know, I wake up all happy ready to start the day, nothing is going to piss me off today, nothing. And then some lovely driver pulls in the lane in front of me, without indicating.
Nah. I’m still cool. I’m happy. Everything is awesome and I won’t get mad. And then I see the cafe staff chatting and talking about their weekend, while I am waiting to be served. I will still smile at them. I will still say thanks (through gritted teeth). I am still happy. Sort of.
And then I get home, get myself sorted and a telemarketer rings…..then my wrath is unleashed!
I can be a pretty cool chick too, so I will write a post on THINGS I LOVE as well. But this will be down the track a bit.
I just wanted to write these as a bit of a laugh, plus also make fun of myself. I actually do get annoyed at all of the above, but at least I can admit it. That’s just me.
Everyone has their little irks. Which is fine. We all do. I still am healthy, happy and normal (I think), but when you are a busy Mumma, little things can annoy us. We just don’t have time for fools and their games!
I dare you to write your pet peeves or pet hates! There has to be some little tiny things that annoy you. Go on, leave them in the comments below.
P.S. I LOVE Kanyes’ Resting Bitch Face. It’s my fave. No wonder everyone thinks he is a dick. He probably is quite a cool guy. Maybe he regrets the whole calling his kid North. Or maybe Kim is just high maintenance.