Hello!

26 Comments

Well that is certainly not something you want your kid to find in their trick-or-treat bag!

Previously we shared that a bag of methamphetamine was found in a child’s Halloween trick-or-treat lolly bag in the US, according to 7 news.

Police say the small bag of drugs was found by the child’s mum and handed into Police in the US.

Officers say the bag contained a crystal powder which tested positive for methamphetamine, American publication WPTV reports.

They confirmed the child didn’t ingest the drugs and that they’re looking into how the bag came to be in the child’s bag.

Police are concerned the child, or other children in the same neighbourhood, could have been exposed to meth.

While officers say it appears to be an isolated incident, they’ve advised parents who attended the same Halloween event in Keshena, Wisconsin to dispose of their children’s lollies.

“It is a zip-lock bag. Unfortunately zip-lock bags can open up, we don’t know if there’s more out there,” Menominee Tribal Police detective Joshua Lawe said.

“Right now this is an isolated incident, but if there was more out there, if it does get through the bags and kids are touching this candy, that can be very dangerous to them. Even the parents.”

UPDATE

Dr Justin Coulson has shared an image of a young boy after he swallowed a light up balloon.

One of his followers shared, “This is the little light that made it’s way into his stomach. It gave us all a shock to see it shining through his skin. Even the hospital staff were amazed. One way to go to the top of the list and be seen straight away!”

Dr Justin added, “While seeing a child’s tummy light up is amazing and amusing, it also highlights (no pun intended) the danger of these products to young children.  Luckily this little boy was OK.”

Just a little bit scary!  Please be careful to check your kids treats before they have a feast.

Share your comments below.

via Facebook

  • What?! This is the reason we only go to people’s houses we know

    Reply

  • We don’t know what the balloon initially looked like, whether it swelled with warmth or had something sweet on the outside of it.

    Reply

  • What a scary nightmare luckily it was found before the kid took it! And the balloon?? Really why would they eat that, it doesn’t even look like food! Proper supervision always needed

    Reply

  • Oh my – that could have had such a worse outcome – so lucky he’s okay. So much more care is needed – especially during Halloween – into what children accept from others!

    Reply

  • Oh dear, not something you want your child to ingest indeed !

    Reply

  • Wow! Its pretty lucky they could see it. It may have gotten it dealt with before something went really badly wrong.

    Reply

  • At Halloween I would just accept wrapped chocolates and candies. Everything else is just too risky!!

    Reply

  • I think trick or treating is too risky unless parents are right there to check the treats immediately.


    • One hundred percent agree – parents need to be present for so many safety reasons.

    Reply

  • That would freak me right out.

    Reply

  • Parents need to check what is in a treat bag and in our community the parents go with children trick or treating. Chocolates and sweets are all wrapped and nothing in zipped locked bags or unwrapped chocolates or sweets. Everyone has a good and safe time.

    Reply

  • So scary. That’s good mum have found that pack otherwise anything could have happened.

    Reply

  • Dodgy as! When we take our children trick or treating we are in constant supervision constantly. I won’t let incidents like that stop my children from having fun!

    Reply

  • Just another reason I’m not keen on Halloween. It’s dangerous.

    Reply

  • Very lucky no child had eaten the drug.

    Reply

  • I’m not a fan of Halloween- we tell our kids not to talk to strangers or accept candy from them, then once a year encourage them to do the opposite?!?! Crazy

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join