- Serves 4
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
Aligot is a star side dish, and is how the French do mashed potatoes. From the Aubrac region, this divine combination of garlic, cream, butter and potatoes is the proper way to eat mashed potatoes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 kilogram potatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 400 grams Cantal cheese, shredded
- 220 grams heavy cream
- Cracked pepper
- Peel and wash potatoes.
- Fill a large pot with salted water. Add potatoes and garlic.
- Bring to the boil and cook 20-25 minutes. Strain and return to pot.
- Over low heat, add cream and cheese to potatoes, stirring constantly, making sure not to overcook.
- After a few minutes, puree should come together. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe Aligot – french mashed potatoes
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.