This delicious cake is gluten free (it can also be dairy free) and super easy – so a great one to get the kids involved with!
Ingredients (makes 12 Slices)
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 1/4 cups Caster sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 3/4 cup Desiccated coconut - unsweetened
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla essense
- 180g Butter, melted (or dairy-free alternative)
- 3/4 cup Berries of your choice, fresh or frozen (I like raspberries and blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a tin and line with baking paper. I used a 25cm x 25cm square tin but a round 25cm springboard pan would work well too.
- In a big bowl mix together the almond meal, sugar and coconut.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and vanilla then slowly mix in the cooled butter.
- Add butter mixture to the almond mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into the tin and dot the top with berries (this is the part the kids will love!)
- Bake for approx 50 mins until cake is golden on top and a skewer comes out reasonably dry. Cool in pan for a few mins then transfer to a wire rack.