This baked ricotta is such a quick and easy option if you want something a little different to the usual cheese platter next time you have guests or you need to ‘bring the cheese and crackers’.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 750g Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Antipasto Mix (pitted olives, semi dried tomatoes, capsicum) lightly drained of oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup roughly torn or chopped fresh herbs (oregano and thyme are good)
- 1/2 tsp Sea or Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Finely cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Finely shaved or grated Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Remove the ricotta from the package and allow to drain for a few minutes. Take from the strainer and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop the anitpasto mix and add to the ricotta, along with all other ingredients except the parmesan cheese.
- Very lightly spray or grease an ovenproof dish and place the full ricotta mixture into the dish (I used an enamel pie dish with a diameter of approx 28cm). You could also use a springform tin or a glass pyrex dish.
- Sprinkle with shaved or grated parmesan and place into the centre of oven. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown (mine is a little over done).
- Serve with crusty bread, crispy crackers or a big green salad. Perfect for starters or as a light meal.