- Makes 12
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 16 Ingredients
A tasty muffin with the most delicious lemony creamy icing! If you have always wanted to make your muffins look like the ones in the shops then give the baking paper cases a try!
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
- 2/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 2/3 cup golden syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (or 2 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- ½ cup walnuts, crushed
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 250g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 100g butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 165degrees
- Prepare a muffin tin with muffin cases. If you would like to try the baking paper cases here are the instructions. To prepare the baking paper muffin cases, cut the baking paper into 12, 15x15cm squares. Find a glass or a honey container if you have friend tins that fits into your muffin tin. Place the item upside down on your bench, centre the paper over and firmly press down, then fold down the sides around pressing the paper, then place into the baking tin.
- In an electric mixer beat together the oil and honey on a medium speed. Add in the eggs one at a time and beat well, add in the mashed banana and milk and beat well until mixed.
- Turn the mixer down to lowest speed and add in the baking soda, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and the flour 1 tablespoon at a time and mix until just mixed. Turn off the mixer and add in the nuts and coconut and fold through.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tins and bake for 20-30minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- To make the icing, using an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese and butter until pale and creamy, add in the lemon juice, then add in the icing sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat again, set the icing aside.
- Once cooked Cool the muffins on a tray or in the fridge until completely cool. Then you can decorate with the cream cheese icing and top with a sprinkle of crushed walnuts and coconut.