Both my husband and son absolutely love these muffins and they are great for a quick pick me up.
Ingredients (makes 12 Muffins)
- 1 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 Cups Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup (240g) Mashed Ripe Banana
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 100g Chopped Walnuts
- Pour the oats into a large bowl, add the almond milk and mix well. Soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200•C. Spray a muffin tray with oil.
- Add the brown sugar, mashed bananas, egg whites, honey, oil and vanilla to the oats and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the liquid ingredients. Mix until incorporated. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake for about 28 minutes.
Muffins can be frozen in ziplock bags