- Serves 4
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
This Beet and Sweet Potato Tart is perfect for lunch, dinner or even as a side for a bbq.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (for the pie crust)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (for the pie crust)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped (for the pie crust)
- 1/2 cup cold butter, chopped into chunks (for the pie crust)
- 1/4 cup ice water (for the pie crust)
- 1/4 cup full fat natural yoghurt (for the pie crust)
- 1 cup gouda cheese, grated (for the filling)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped (for the filling)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and slice into 1cm thick rounds (for the filling)
- 1 x 250g packet of Love Beets cooked beets, sliced into 1cm thick rounds (for the filling)
- To prepare the pie crust in a large mixing bowl (or stand mixer), combine the flour, sea salt, and sage. Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter and continue mixing until pea-sized beads form.
- Stir together the cold water and yogurt in a small bowl. Slowly pour small amount of liquid into the mixing bowl and stir well until a ball of dough forms. Form the dough into a disc and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- To make the filling preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Spread the sweet potato slices over a baking sheet and lightly coat both sides with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Bake on the center rack for 20 minutes, flipping the slices half-way through. Set aside until ready to use.
- Grate 1 cup-worth of gouda cheese, finely chop sage leaves until you have 1 tablespoon-worth, and slice the cooked beets into 1cm thick rounds.
- To make the tart preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll into a circle that’s 3mm thick. Transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the gouda and sage over the centre of the dough, leaving about 5 cm untouched around the edges.
- Layer the sliced beets and sweet potatoes over the cheese and fold the edges of the dough over the filling. Press the dough together to seal the edges. Brush the gallete dough with olive oil or a beaten egg to ensure the crust doesn’t burn while baking.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese has melted and crust is golden-brown. Allow galette to cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe Beet and Sweet Potato Tart
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.