- Serves 12
- 2.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
This salad is truly amazing and guaranteed to be a hit.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 8 whole beetroot
- 250 grams frozen raspberries
- 2 tblspns seeded mustard
- 3 tblspns balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- Roast beetroot with skin on in the oven for approx 2 hours (put a skewer through to check they are soft inside before removing).
- Set aside to cool before removing/peeling off skins.
- Blend raspberries, seeded mustard and balsamic vinegar and while blending gradually add the cup of oil.
- Serve beetroot on a large plate and pour over the thick raspberry dressing.
Note: I raspberry dress one end and throw a few extra raspberries around for garnish. The other end I chop some spring onions with a few boiled eggs. A lovely naturally sweetish salad for a BBQ or with grilled/pan fried steak.