A light fluffy tasty cake, the yoghurt works perfectly in a cake like this!
Ingredients (makes 20 squares)
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup sultanas
- 250g cream cheese
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180degrees. Grease and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest on a high speed. Beat unitl thick and creamy and it has expanded in volume and is pale and creamy. Then turn the mixer down to low and add in the yoghurt and oil, mix well. Then add in the cinnamon and flour and mix until just combined.
- Turn off the mixer, then add in the blueberries, sultantas, coconut and walnuts and stiry though gently, add to your prepared baking tin and bake for about 30minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake has cooked cool on a wire rack. To make the icing using an electric beater, beat the cream cheese and add in the sifted icing sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, add in the lemon juice as well and beat until smooth and creamy. Once the cake is cool, spread over the icing, then slice into squares and top each square with a blueberry. You can top with fresh blueberries if they are in season and a reasonable price.