- Serves 4
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This Brown Rice, Lentil and Chicken Salad is just the thing for a ‘meal in a bowl’ or a substantial salad for a BBQ.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup Brown or green lentils
- 1 cup Brown rice
- 400 grams Poached chicken breast - cut toto pieces to the size of your choice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion - finely chopped
- 1 tab Curry Powder - of your choice
- 1 tabs White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Red Capsicum - diced
- 400 grams Tinned or fresh corn kernels
- 4 Spring Onions - chopped
- pinch Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a rapid boil and add rice and lentils. Cook for about 35 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tabs of oil in a fry pan and cook onion at medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add curry powder, stir and cook for further 1 minute. Add remaining oil, vinegar and salt and pepper. Add onion and curry mix to chicken and stir through.
- Add chicken mix to rice and lentils. Add capsicum, corn and spring onions and stir together. Serve.
This a great base recipe that you can add your favourites to. You can also speed up the prep time by using microwave instant brown rice and canned lentils. Try adding toasted slivered almonds and or chopped semi dried tomatoes You can also change the protein to tofu, chorizo, diced cooked left over sausage, quartered boiled egg etc