- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Doesn't smell of Brussels Sprouts when cooked so a great recipe for those who don't like the smell. Also a subtle flavour, not an over-powering Sprout taste.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 450gr Brussel Sprouts
- 2 Potatoes
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Hot Milk
- 1 Onion, chopped
- Discard stem and the tough outer leaves. If the Sprouts are large, cut them in half. Boil Sprouts for 5 minutes in water and drain.
- Salute Sprouts and onion in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and peeled and chopped potatoes. Boil until soft, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Place in a blender or use a hand blender to puree.
- Add hot milk before serving.
My 2 year old ate 2 bowls without any issues. We added crutons to give some texture. You could add toasted flaked almonds or crispy diced bacon.