These Caramel Tarts are just so easy and quick.
- 4 ozs (115 g) unsalted butter softened on bench to room temp.
- 4 ozs (115 g) castor sugar
- 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tin Nestle's Top'N'Fill Caramel
- 1 carton Whipping cream
- Put butter in a bowl that will fit into the fridge. Add castor sugar and mix together until creamed.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add flour and fold it in. This will come together when you stir. Do not overstir.
- Place the bowl with the mixture into the fridge for at least 1/2 hour before using it. Put plastic wrap over the bowl.
- Flour the surface where you are working and keep the rolling pin floured sparingly. Roll out the pastry. Cut the pastry into rounds. Use a spatula to lift the cut pastry and place in greased trays.
- Bake in a moderate oven, watch them, about 10-15 mins until lightly browned. Cool.
- Pour caramel into tarts. Refrigerate until set. Pipe whipped cream on top. Eat and enjoy.