- Serves 1
- 6 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
This recipe is one of four recipes for a Hen's Breakfast. Yes it's sweet and indulgent just like the beautiful bride but it can also be enjoyed any time you just need a sweet treat just because.
Indulge and please EnJoY!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 3 mini churros
- 1 fresh pineapple ring
- 2 tblesp mango, mashed
- 2 tblesp coconut cream
- sprinkling of cinnamon sugar: for serving
- Simply arrange all food items into a plate and indulge.
- Coconut cream: This is made simply by adding coconut cream or you can use ordinary cream to desiccated coconut.
- Churros : these were store bought but below is a family favourite recipe.
- 250ml (1 cup) water 100g unsalted butter 150g (1 cup) plain flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 3 eggs, lightly whisked Vegetable oil, to deep-fry 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- Combine water and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until butter melts. Remove from heat.
- Add the flour and salt and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined and the dough comes away from the side of the saucepan. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 minutes or until cool.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until well combined. Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm-diameter fluted nozzle.
- Add enough oil to a large saucepan to reach a depth of 6cm. Heat to 180°C over medium heat (when oil is ready a cube of bread will turn golden brown in 15 seconds). Using a small sharp knife to cut the dough, pipe four 10cm lengths into the oil. Deep-fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer churros to a plate lined with paper towel. Dust with icing sugar. Repeat with the remaining dough, reheating oil between batches.