- Makes 45
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Delicious twist on the traditional scone.
Ingredients (makes 45 scones)
- 8 Tbsp Margarine, divided
- 2 Jalapeños, diced
- 1/2 cup Cheese, shredded
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Thickened cream
- 3 eggs, divided
- Heat oven to 200°C. In a small saucepan melt 1/2 Tbsp margarine and then add jalapeños. Cook until jalapeños are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove jalapeños from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Once jalapeños are cooled add to a small bowl with shredded cheese and toss with 1 Tbsp flour to coat.
- In a large bowl mix remaining flour, baking powder and salt. Use pastry blender, or two forks, to mix in the remaining margarine.
- In small bowl whisk together cream and 2 eggs until combined.
- Stir cream and egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Stir in cheese-jalapeño mix and mix until just combined.
- Pour dough out onto floured surface and pat down until 1.5cm thick.
- Using a 4cm cookie cutter cut round shapes out of the dough and place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush surface of scones with the last egg well beaten.
- Bake for 15 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Even though these have jalapeños they are not too spicy, they just add a nice delicious flavour that you're going to love.