- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 50 gram shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the celery, onion and carrot.
- Cook until softened, 5-7 minutes. Add in the broccoli and the chicken stock and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, melt the 1/2 cup butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk slowly. Cook until thickened, about 8 minutes. Stir into the vegetable mixture.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and cook until melted.