- Serves 6
- 85 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A hearty way to use up leftover chicken pieces.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 leek, white part only, thinly diced
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 ltr chicken stock (I used Massel's gluten-free stock)
- 4 cups pre-cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- 1 x potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 x parsnip, chopped
- 1 x carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 x celery stalks, diced
- 1 salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour the oil into a soup pot, and lightly brown the onion and minced garlic.
- Add the vegetables and stir, then add in the stock and chicken pieces. Then bring the soup mix to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer for about 30-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and cooked.
- Serve hot.